Do you have 5 to 7+ years of supervisory and management experience?
Individuals who do not meet the traditional entrance requirements have an alternative path to complete a diploma or degree. If you have 5 to 7+ years of management experience, you may qualify for the Advanced Diploma in Business Management or the Executive Path to the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program.
The Advanced Diploma in Business Management and Executive Path to the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) enables working professionals to receive advanced placement into the Bachelor of Business program through recognition of workplace experience and education. .
• 7 years of work experience
• Non-Business Diploma or Degree
• 5 years of work experience + post-secondary courses
• Diploma in Business (non-BCIT)
BBA Executive Path
• 5 or more years of work experience + post-secondary diploma and degree
• 7 or more years of work experience + post-secondary courses or non-business diploma
*The work experience indicated is equivalent to:
• 5 year work experience = 1 year supervisory + 4 years management/ administration
• 7 year work experience = 3 year supervisory + 4 years management/ administration
The BBA Program is offered part-time to enable students to maintain part- or full-time employment while studying. Completing the program part-time takes two or three years. The courses are offered year round in Fall, Winter, and Spring/Summer terms. Courses are also offered online and in a distributed learning format, which is a combination of in-class and online studies.
There is a $75 mature student APPL assessment fee.
This fee includes:
• One-on-one advising
• Evaluation of your skills and workplace training
• An advanced placement and prior learning (APPL) path, if eligible, best suited for you
• Identification of classes that may be challenged through prior learning (PLAR)**.
**Prior learning assessment fees are additional, per course challenged.
To create your personalized education pathway complete the following APPL Assessment Application Process.
Step 1: Before you apply, please have the following documents ready:
• Detailed resume
• A detailed letter of validation signed by current and/or previous employers confirming dates of employment, position(s), and job duties (may include a job description)
• Post-secondary transcripts (if applicable)
• Other certificates or training documents
Step 2: Apply for an Assessment.
Step 3: Pay Assessment Fee
• Option 1: Mail in assessment fee by cheque to the address below
British Columbia Institute of Technology
SE16, Room 109, 3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
• Option 2: Call 604-456-8018 to pay by credit card
Please note: Application will not be processed until the assessment fee has been received. Application processing time is 4-6 weeks.
To find out more information on mature student pathways, please contact Sonia Dhaliwal at 604-456-8018.